Dear H4TG Friends,
A huge thank you from the H4TG Board of Directors and Staff, for YOUR support of our annual golf tournament. What a day it was - filled with great weather, friends in the community, sponsors, volunteers, and local businesses all out to support the young women at H4TG.
The tournament, that was dedicated to those living with stage IV metastatic breast cancer, raised over 84K (before expenses). You may ask how the funds from the golf tournament are helping? One of the areas is in the expansion of our member services for those living with a metastatic diagnosis.
See below for a detailed description of the services partly funded by the golf tournament:
- Social Work Support Team - The H4TG Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LSCW) provides the necessary training and ongoing support to peer facilitators, leads two forums a year specifically designed to meet the needs of members with metastatic breast cancer.
- Continuing Training - The H4TG LCSW continues to develop skills through trainings and certifications to keep current with latest advancements in managing the social and emotional well-being of women living with a breast cancer diagnosis.
- You’re in Charge Metastatic Workshop - The one-day workshop provides educational and informational sessions about end-of-life planning, so women can take care of it and get back to focusing on living their best life possible. Sessions explore topics such as hospice care, estate planning, organizing finances, and even pre-planning your funeral.
- Facilitator Training – The H4TG Facilitators have the most direct and ongoing interaction with the members with metastatic disease throughout the year and as such require extensive training. H4TG leverages subject matter experts in terminal illness, grief management, and social work to equip the facilitators with specific tools, knowledge, and expertise to help support members with metastatic breast cancer.
- Social Work Led Virtual Metastatic Support Group – Through the group, we offer structured emotional support and an opportunity to connect and share with others traveling the same difficult path. Led by H4TG’s social work support team, each session will include opportunities for reflection, journaling, and sharing to explore the thoughts, feelings, and diverse experiences of members coping with metastatic breast cancer.
- Facilitator Led Virtual Metastatic Support Group – A private virtual support group, monitored by the H4TG program and social work team, for metastatic members. Led by a peer trained facilitator, members can meet, keep in touch, share information and inspiration, and be each other’s shoulder to lean on in times of need.
- In Our Hearts Program - At Here for the Girls, we help women with a breast cancer diagnosis live their best lives; sadly, some of those lives are cut short by this disease. We love all the women we serve, and we aim to help honor their passing through our In Our Hearts life celebration program. This program includes a memorial of the deceased on our In Our Hearts web page, inclusion of the lost loved one’s name in our annual ceremony, and inclusion in our annual In Our Hearts glass memorial sculpture.
These services would not have expanded without the financial support of events such as the golf tournament. Know that YOU are helping to provide many opportunities for our members to share their significant concerns, issues, and questions about their futures and get help learning how to cope with a terminal illness.
The result is a community of women who have the same diagnosis and who are helping each other understand that they are not alone. We may not be able to add days to the life of a metastatic member, but we can add life to her days. Thank you again!
Chris Schwab, Executive Director